Endorsed by the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
The OPED VACOped Diabetic includes all the benefits and features of the regular VACOped with the additional inclusions of:
- Added volume of VACO cushions for increased support and resilience to weight-bearing activity
- Shear-free velour lining to decrease friction to be softer on fragile skin
- Black colour to hide exudate and moisture marks
The OPED VACOped Diabetic is a cast-stable function orthosis for the immobilisation of the foot and ankle. With the ability to provide a range of motion, the VACOped allows for greater freedom of movement than a plaster cast and has been proven to shorten a patient’s recovery process.
OPED's patented vacuum technology is the modern alternative to plaster and is integral to the VACO range of products. A cushion filled with thousands of styrofoam pearls surrounds the injured body part. When air is extracted from the cushion by using a pump, it becomes hard (like a cast), in just a few seconds. Opening the valve and letting airflow inside the cushion causes it to become soft again, allowing for readjustment to the body part.
This innovative vacuum cushion avoids pressure to the body site and provides stability due to a perfectly shaped orthosis every time.
- Excellent pressure distribution due vacuum technology
- Successful wound healing due to excellent pressure relief
- Possibility of lockable clasp for a better compliance control
- Easy wound inspection simplifies treatment
- Rocker sole for good pressure distribution, safe and
- Removable sole for better hygiene
- Traceability by serial number simplifies logistic processes
- Toe clap for protection and hygiene
- Shapeable foam insole for additional offloading
- Changeable liners for hygiene and comfort
- Cast stable. Replaces cast and walker (All-in-One Product)
- Adaptable. 3 sizes only (saves storage space)
*Clinical data studies can be found here
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome
- Ulcerations on the foot
- Post-operative care after toe and forefoot amputations
- Diabetic neuroosteoarthropathy
- DNOAP and charcot foot
Specify shoe size for sizing.