The OPED VACOped is a cast-stable function orthosis for the immobilisation of the foot and ankle. With the ability to provide a range of motion, the VACOped allows for greater freedom of movement than a plaster cast and has been proven to shorten a patient’s recovery process.
OPED's patented vacuum technology is the modern alternative to plaster and is integral to the VACO range of products. A cushion filled with thousands of styrofoam pearls surrounds the injured body part. When air is extracted from the cushion by using a pump, it becomes hard (like a cast), in just a few seconds. Opening the valve and letting airflow inside the cushion causes it to become soft again, allowing for readjustment to the body part.
This innovative vacuum cushion avoids pressure to the body site and provides stability due to a perfectly shaped orthosis every time.
- All-in-One Product. Cast stable. Replaces back slab, cast and walker
- Vacuum cushion forms perfectly to individual patient's anatomy and can be adjusted to accommodate swelling and atrophy
- Option of range of motion (ROM) from -15° to +30°. Shortens recovery time by 3.5 weeks*
- Adaptable. 3 sizes only (saves storage space)
- Changeable liners for hygiene and comfort
- Easy wound inspection simplifies treatment
- Removable sole for better hygiene
- Traceability by serial number simplifies logistic processes
- Radiolucent. Saves time and gives comfort if an x-ray is needed
*Clinical data studies can be found here
- Achilles tendon ruptures
- Ankle fractures
- Metatarsal fractures
- Calcaneus fractures
- Severe distortions
Specify shoe size for sizing.