The OPED VACOcast Diabetic includes all the benefits and features of the regular VACOcast with the additional inclusions of:
- Added volume of VACO cushions for increased support and resilience to weight-bearing activity
- Shear-free velour lining to decrease friction to be softer on fragile skin
- Black colour to hide exudate and moisture marks
The OPED VACOcast Diabetic is a fixed flexion orthopedic fracture boot designed and engineered to assist in fast recovery and provide optimal comfort.
OPED's patented vacuum technology is the modern alternative to plaster and is integral to the VACO range of products. A cushion filled with thousands of styrofoam pearls surrounds the injured body part. When air is extracted from the cushion by using a pump, it becomes hard (like a cast), in just a few seconds. Opening the valve and letting airflow inside the cushion causes it to become soft again, allowing for readjustment to the body part.
This innovative vacuum cushion avoids pressure to the body site and provides stability due to a perfectly shaped orthosis every time. The light but very stable plastic shell gives the orthosis the necessary support.
- Adjustable calf width
- Moveable toe plate to lengthen the plantar footbed
- Two liners for hygiene
- Detachable sole to keep street dirt out of beds and off furniture
- Diabetic foot syndrome
- Ulcerations on the foot
- Post-operative care after toe and foot amputations
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Charcot foot
Specify shoe size for sizing.