- Rapid immobilisation of fractures
- Leno cloth for good conformability
- Round cores for improved bandage handling
- Low plaster loss
- Moisture proof packaging
Rapid fracture immobilisation:
The fast setting plaster of Paris used on Gypsona bandages ensures that fractures can be rapidly immobilised, especially important in accident and emergency departments, operating theatres and busy fracture clinics.
The interlocked weave of this cloth makes the wet bandage more stable and conformable, to mould around awkward contours.
The leno cloth also helps to minimise plaster loss.
The introduction of round cores to Gypsona plaster of Paris bandages improves the stability and handling characteristics of the wet bandage, which is particularly important on wider sizes. The round core design ensures good ‘wetting out’ of the bandage.
Moisture proof packaging:
Each bandage is packed in a splash proof flow wrap.
- Emergency trauma splinting
- External circumferential immobilisation of fractures, provided there is no risk of swelling
- Orthopaedic conditions
- Total contact casting – diabetic feet