OPC Health is committed to reducing its impact on the environment. We will strive to improve our environmental performance over time and initiate additional projects and activities that will further reduce our impacts on the environment. Our commitment to the environment extends to our customers, our staff, and the community in which we operate.
We partner with Freight companies that choose sustainable packaging and invest in alternative fuels & advanced technology.
- We understand many customers are conscious of the environmental impact of their packaging, particularly plastic packaging.
- Our freight partners offer a wide choice of satchels made with 80% recycled plastic, and why we’ve committed to ensuring all our plastic packaging is made with recycled plastic.
- The core range of cardboard box packaging is 100% recyclable, via REDcycle or kerbside collection.
- Our freight partners pursue efficiency at every turn and invest in alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles to pioneer more sustainable solutions with lower environmental impacts.
We partner with suppliers who work to ensure their activities are environmentally friendly in the following areas:
- Plan to increasingly uses new materials that are lighter, less toxic and more easily recycled or reused.
- They have transformed how they package their components to prioritise recycled cardboard solutions.
- Are selective at sorting their recyclable waste at their industrial facilities.
- Have put in place recycling and waste recovery measures to process the plastic offcuts generated by them in order to contribute meaningfully to the circular economy.
- Continue to optimise their energy consumption.
- Have continuous recycling of cooling water produced from the dyeing operations, which in turn has cut water consumption.
- Created industrial sites that do not release significant amounts of atmospheric emissions, with levels systematically below the maximum regulatory levels allowed.
- Have programs to reduce their waste production.
At OPC Health’s Head Office in Clayton:
- we run a solar program with a solar system that is 100kW. This initiative reduces our energy costs by accessing the benefits of renewable energy and reducing our business’s carbon footprint. Our solar power investment will protect our business from any future energy price hikes, especially since the cost of gas and electricity is expected to rise in the coming years as a result of limitations on coal, oil, and gas resources. This means as a business we don’t have to pass these increased costs onto our customers.
- Our own waste commitment is that we have a process of diverting precious materials such as paper and cardboard from landfill, by doing this we play a role in saving the environment as the more we recycle the less reliance on virgin materials. We recycle eight cubic metres of paper and cardboard weekly.
- Our packing fillers are also made from Recycled Paper, and when we have to use bubble wrap, our bubble cushions are 100% biodegradable, allowing you peace of mind that your product is being stored and shipped in the most eco-friendliest of ways.